Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
Connex Inventory Planner
Frequently Asked Questions
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Orders from QuickBooks
- Payments Troubleshooting
- Missing Orders Troubleshooting
- Update Shipping Details Troubleshooting
Connex for QuickBooks Integrations Guide
Rules Engine Guide
The currency of the account must be either in home currency or the transaction currency.
Your QuickBooks customer must match the currency on the sale
You cannot sync sales to QuickBooks. You get this error:
Error 3140 : While trying to Add a(n) Invoice with order number of 3000021810, QB responded There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks AR Account "Accounts Receivable - CAD" in the Invoice. QuickBooks error message: The currency of the account must be either in home currency or the transaction currency.
Your QuickBooks customer currency code must match the currency code of the sale. If your QuickBooks customer was Canada, Joe2 and the order was CAD, the sync would fail. Canada, Joe2 has a currency code of USD:
If Canada, Joe2 ordered in USD on August 1st and ordered in CAD on August 2nd, the CAD sale will fail to sync. A customer may only order in one currency.
Map the proper A/R account
You must map an A/R account for CAD sales:
- Go to the Connex rules engine.
- Click add new rule.
- As the action, choose map A/R account.
- In the conditions, add these values: Currency Code, Equals, CAD.
- In the map to field, enter Accounts Receivable - CAD.
Here is the end result in QuickBooks:
Rename the customer
In QuickBooks, double click the customer. Put a 2 before the name. Resync your order. Connex will create a new customer with the correct currency code.