Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
Connex Inventory Planner
Frequently Asked Questions
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Orders from QuickBooks
- Payments Troubleshooting
- Missing Orders Troubleshooting
- Update Shipping Details Troubleshooting
Connex for QuickBooks Integrations Guide
Rules Engine Guide
An attempt was made to modify a SalesReceipt with a date that is on or before the closing date of the company.
How to troubleshoot closing date errors.
You have told QuickBooks to exclude orders prior to a certain date.
If you have access to preferences:
- Choose Company > Preferences.
- On the side menu, click Company and then Closing the Books.
- To disable closing the books, click to clear the Closing the Books checkbox.
- If you want to change the date where you want to stop changes from happening, adjust this information within the Closing date box.
- You also have the option to choose a Closing date warning type:
- Only warn - a warning message will appear but the user can click Yes to save changes anyway.
- Warn and require password - the warning will come up requiring the password. Without the password changes can't be made.
- You can also change the password by overwriting what is currently listed within the Password and Confirm password boxes, which need to be identical in order to save.
- Click Save.
Here are the steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to edit > preferences and click Accounting.
- Under closing date, click set date/password:
- Uncheck the exclude estimates:
- Click OK.