Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
Connex Inventory Planner
Frequently Asked Questions
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Orders from QuickBooks
- Payments Troubleshooting
- Missing Orders Troubleshooting
- Update Shipping Details Troubleshooting
Connex for QuickBooks Integrations Guide
Rules Engine Guide
Another customer, vendor or employee is already using this name
You may place no sale under an vendor or employee in QuickBooks.
Your sales fail to sync to QuickBooks or they sync to a customer called web store.
Your Connex log shows this error:
Customer Test Market with email firstname.lastname@example.org has failed to export: The name supplied already exists. : Another customer, vendor or employee is already using this name.
You may place no sale under an vendor or employee in QuickBooks. These errors happen when an employee places an order under his or her name. Some vendors purchase on your site and they are listed as vendors in QuickBooks.
Correct the customer in QuickBooks
In QuickBooks, locate the customer who should have the email email@example.com. Edit the customer. In the email field, enter firstname.lastname@example.org. Save and resync your sale.
This error can happen, when you match by billing address email and the order has no customer name. Connex will create a customer with a display name of email@example.com, but the email is blank. If known, enter the customer's first and last name in the name fields and display name as fields.
Change vendor name
- In QuickBooks, go expenses > vendors.
- Click on the vendor.
- In the display name as field, add (vendor):
- Click save.
- Resync your sale.