Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
Connex Inventory Planner
Frequently Asked Questions
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Orders from QuickBooks
- Payments Troubleshooting
- Missing Orders Troubleshooting
- Update Shipping Details Troubleshooting
Connex for QuickBooks Integrations Guide
Rules Engine Guide
Error: Company file is locked by another client
The Web Connector is failing to update resulting in the following error message: "Message: Update aborted. Company file is locked by another client COMPUTER_NAME."
This typically is caused by the Auto-Run being set to trigger too frequently. In other words, this means the Auto-Run interval (value) is set too low (i.e. 15 minutes or less) and the Web Connector does not have enough time to finish the previous task before starting the next one.
Another possible cause is that the Web Connector was force-closed while running.
Finally, error can occur with QuickBooks is in multi-user mode and a user logs off the machine, but fails to log out of QuickBooks. Your company file is locked, but Windows should release the lock in 30 minutes. This is especially common when using QuickBooks with hosted environments or remote desktops, such as RightNetworks or another RDP.
The QuickBooks company file will typically automatically unlock itself within a few hours. Restarting the QuickBooks computer usually assists in forcing this to happen.