How to use our install wizard
Step 1: Sync Direction
The first step of the configuration wizard begins the setup process and answers to the following questions:
- Which direction do you want to sync - orders to QuickBooks or orders from QuickBooks? Note: Some integrations are not compatible syncing sales from QuickBooks
Step 2: Sync Orders to QuickBooks
Sync Orders to QuickBooks is a feature that allows you to automatically sync your e-commerce orders with QuickBooks. This can save you a lot of time and effort, as it eliminates the need to manually enter each order into QuickBooks. you will need to configure your syncing settings. This will include specifying which orders you want to sync, how often you want to sync, and how you want to handle order updates.
Transaction Type Settings
Allow you to specify the types of transactions you wish to synchronize in QuickBooks. Below are examples of transaction types:
Sales Receipts: Select this option if your transactions are typically paid in full at the time of the sale.
Invoices: Choose this option if you anticipate receiving payments at a later date for your sales.
Sales Orders: Opt for this option if you prefer not to immediately decrease QuickBooks inventory. This is applicable when items are custom-built or made to order, and you want to reserve inventory until the items are ready.
Sales Orders, Invoices, and Payments if Paid: This option is suitable when you intend to close a sales order with an associated invoice, which is common in scenarios like drop shipping.
Here is a summary of the steps on how to go to Transaction types in Connex:
- From the Connex dashboard, click on Settings in the top menu.
- On the left-hand side, click on the Selling channel that you want to manage.
- Click on Order Settings.
- Click on Orders to QuickBooks.
- Under Manual Sync and Marketplace Settings, click on Transaction Type.
- Select the transaction type that you want to manage and click Save.
Chart of Account:
The chart of accounts (COA) settings allow you to map the COA in your e-commerce platform to the COA in QuickBooks. This is important because it ensures that your financial data is synced correctly between the two systems. the COA settings allow you to specify how each account in your e-commerce platform should be mapped to an account in QuickBooks. This ensures that when you sync your data, the financial information is transferred correctly.
Here is an example:
- E-commerce platform account: Sales
- QuickBooks account: Accounts Receivable
To map the Sales account in your e-commerce platform to the Accounts Receivable account in QuickBooks, you would follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Selling channel > Finance Setting in Connex.
- Under Finance Setting,
- Map the chart of accounts (COA) field to the appropriate account in QuickBooks.
- Click Save
Step 2: Sync Orders from QuickBooks
Connex performs sales sync when the "Sync orders from QuickBooks to ShipStation" setting is enabled in the "Orders from QuickBooks" settings.
This ensures that your shipping data is always up-to-date and that you can easily fulfill orders from ShipStation.