There are numerous reasons why the Match Deposit tool may fail to create a deposit in QuickBooks Desktop. Essentially, Connex fails to match deposits in QuickBooks, resulting in the deposit not being created and error messages in the Connex log
Common causes include, but are not limited to:
- Incorrect set-up, such as use of an unsupported deposit account.
- Incorrect set-up, such as use of an unsupported transaction type.
- Connex is unable to find or match orders due to order numbers not matching.
- Order number is too long (i.e. more than 11 characters).
- The deposit already exists in QuickBooks for that time period.
Adjust your settings
Here are the steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Click settings.
- Click refunds.
- Select sync refunds as credit memos and create refunds from credit card.
- Click save.
- Click orders to QuickBooks.
- Clear the order status field.
- Under transaction mode, choose one of these options: sales receipts, invoices and payments, sales orders. invoices and payments. All other modes are not supported.
- Click chart of accounts.
- In the deposit account drop down, choose undeposited funds.
Products mismatched and sales fail to sync
Product mapping issues can cause sales to sync, which causes deposit matching to fail. In this example, the user enables create no new products. An order containing a product is missing from QuickBooks:
- The order failed to sync to QuickBooks.
- The deposit tool ran, said the sale was missing, and failed.
- Fix the product and resync the sale.
- Resync the deposit.
- Confirm that all orders are deposited into undeposited funds. Login to Connex. From the dashboard, click Manage. Expand Orders > Sync Orders to QuickBooks > New Orders and Accounts. Under deposit account, choose "undeposited funds." You will have to wait for the next deposit, if you selected another account.
- Confirm that sales receipts or invoices with payments is your transaction type. Unpaid invoices and sales orders are unsupported. To verify, login to Connex. From the dashboard, click Manage. Expand Orders > Sync Orders to QuickBooks > Transaction.
- Product Matching. If you are using the setting "Flag order as Error and Map" (ensuring that orders that contain products that do not exist in QuickBooks will NOT sync) check your Connex Log for errors. There may have been orders that exist in your deposit, that did not sync. Also, check Product Matching and see if there are new products listed that need to be mapped. Once you have created products, resync those orders and then attempt to match deposits.
- Confirm that the order status field is clear. Login to Connex. From the dashboard, click Manage. Expand Orders > Sync Orders to QuickBooks > Sync Orders to QuickBooks Manually. Clear the order status filter. If you wait for orders to ship, then they could be missing from QuickBooks after the payout is made.
If you sync orders using the next QuickBooks number, then Connex matches the QuickBooks memo field and the order number.
- If you use invoices, do all the payments for payout exist in QuickBooks? The memo field should equal the order number. If you use Stripe, then the memo field should equal the Stripe transaction ID that begins with ch_.
- If you use sales receipts, do all the sales receipts for payout exist in QuickBooks? The memo field should equal the order number. If you use Stripe, then the memo field should equal the Stripe transaction ID that begins with ch_.
- If you use sales receipts and the order number is longer than 11 characters, confirm that the QuickBooks memo field equals the order number. If you use Amazon, all order numbers are longer than 11 characters. Here is an example:
- For Amazon, the date of the sales receipt or payment should fall between the 14 days of the settlement report.
Connex matches credit card refunds. Ensure the refund exists:
- In QuickBooks, go to the customer center.
- Find the customer.
- Show all transactions:
- If the transaction is missing, go to lists > customer and vendor profile lists > payment method list.
- Look up the payment method.