Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
Connex Inventory Planner
Frequently Asked Questions
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Orders from QuickBooks
- Payments Troubleshooting
- Missing Orders Troubleshooting
- Update Shipping Details Troubleshooting
Connex for QuickBooks Integrations Guide
Rules Engine Guide
If the QuickBooks company data file is not open
Open your company file
The sync fails to run automatically for QuickBooks Desktop users.
Your web connector shows this error:
QBWC1039: If the QuickBooks company data file is not open, a call to the “BeginSession” method must include the name of the data file.
This message means the file is closed and QuickBooks has not been configured to sync, while the file is closed.
Open company file
Here are the steps:
- Login as admin.
- Open the company file in QuickBooks.
- Run the web connector.
Ensure file is matched
You moved the company file, but forgot to tell Connex. Our software sends the old file, it is missing, and the sync fails to run. Here are the steps:
- Log into Connex.
- Click settings.
- Click advanced.
- In QuickBooks, press F2.
- Copy the file path into the file path setting.
- Click save.
Enable the sync to run, when the file is closed
If you haven’t yet, set up Web Connector to run even when QuickBooks isn’t open. Here’s how:
- Sign in to QuickBooks as the admin user.
- If QuickBooks is in multi-user mode, go to the File menu, then select Switch to Single-user Mode.
- From the Edit menu, select Preferences.
- Select Integrated Applications, then select the Company Preferences tab.
- Select the application you want to add.
- Select Properties.
- Select Allow this application to log in automatically.
- On the Authorization window, select YES.
- Select User to sign in, then OK.