Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
Connex Inventory Planner
Frequently Asked Questions
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Orders from QuickBooks
- Payments Troubleshooting
- Missing Orders Troubleshooting
- Update Shipping Details Troubleshooting
Connex for QuickBooks Integrations Guide
Rules Engine Guide
Only QuickBooks Accountant and QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions can open two company files at once
End the QBDBMgrN.exe tasks
You are trying to pair web connector 2.0 with QuickBooks. You run QuickBooks on a server in multi-user mode. When you double click the pairing file, a dialog appears:
QuickBooks already has a company file open. If you want to open another company file, close this one first. Only QuickBooks Accountant and QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions can open two company files at once.
Along with the file open error, you may receive this message:
QBWC 1039: Error connecting to QuickBooks. Error message received from QuickBooks was <Could not start QuickBooks.>
If you do not have QuickBooks installed on the system, you would need to install it before running web connector.
This happens when too many users have QuickBooks open at once.
Here are the steps:
- Right click your taskbar and select task manager.
- Click details.
- For each QBDBMgrN.exe, right click the QBDBMgrN.exe process and click end task:
- End the QBIDPService.exe.
- In QuickBooks, go to file and click quit.
- Open QuickBooks and the company file.
- Open your web connector.
- Double click the pairing file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.