This is a commonly reported error in the Web Connector that can occur when using it to connect applications like Connex to the Web Connector and QuickBooks.
In this case, this is a general error message typically absent of an error code. Specifically, the error message says:
"QuickBooks Web Connector has Stopped Working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program."
QuickBooks Web Connector is an independent tool from QuickBooks and it may stop working when not configured correctly on Windows.
Adding or removing connections from the web connector can likewise cause this error.
Additional caused could be, but are not limited to:
- Improper installation of QBWC Tool
- Outdated QuickBooks Web Connector
- Missing log file used by Web Connector
- Windows user does not have Administrative Right
Un-install & re-install QuickBooks Web Connector
- Press Windows + R, insert Control Panel in the Run box, and click OK
- Now click Uninstall a program
- Select Web Connector from the list and click Uninstall
- If you are unable to find Web Connector from the list of the programs, you need to search the QBWebconnector
- folder manually in C Drive and delete it on finding.
- Download the QuickBooks Web Connector installer and save the folder to an easily accessible location
- Now unzip the downloaded installation folder
- Run the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions carefully to finish the task.
Note: The fresh installation of QuickBooks Web Connector ensures that the Windows components essential to remove the error are also installed at the same time. If the “QuickBooks Web Connector has Stopped Working” error continues to appear on the screen, then try the next procedure.
Create new user & grand administrative rights
If the windows user does not have the administrative rights, you can create a new User and assign the Administrative Rights to it. Check how to create a new user account in Windows 10. Once the user account is created, go to the Account Type and select Administrator. Click OK, and the new user has administrative rights required to run the QuickBooks Web Connector efficiently.
Define permission for the log file on Windows
To set permissions for the log file on Windows, follow the below-listed steps-
- Right-click on the log files for which you want to set the permissions.
- Click the Properties from the drop-down and then click the Security tab from the top
- Click Edit and then locate Permissions for <Object> dialog box.
- To change the permissions, click the name of the group or user, and then select the Allow checkbox.