Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
Connex Inventory Planner
Frequently Asked Questions
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Orders from QuickBooks
- Payments Troubleshooting
- Missing Orders Troubleshooting
- Update Shipping Details Troubleshooting
Connex for QuickBooks Integrations Guide
Rules Engine Guide
Should I sync ShipStation or my selling channels directly?
A guide on the pros and cons
What are the advantages of ShipStation only?
ShipStation downloads most data from the sale, but some fields are missing. Here is a list:
- Pair multiple channels and ShipStation still counts as 1. If your order volume is within silver, you use a lower priced plan.
- Add channels to ShipStation only. Easier to set-up.
- ShipStation supports channels like eBay where we have no direct integration. You can sync more channels.
- Sync sales when they ship.
- Some refunds may not sync. ShipStation has no support for partial refunds.
- No deposit match. We have no access to your settlement reports.
- No merchant fees. You must enter these, when you perform deposit match.
What are the advantages of Shopify or Amazon direct?
You will get a more reliable and accurate sync channel direct, though there are higher costs. Each channel means a high price tier at Connex. Here is a list: