Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
Connex Inventory Planner
Frequently Asked Questions
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Orders from QuickBooks
- Payments Troubleshooting
- Missing Orders Troubleshooting
- Update Shipping Details Troubleshooting
Connex for QuickBooks Integrations Guide
Rules Engine Guide
The application trying to connect to QuickBooks is not supported while multiple instances of QuickBooks are running
How to troubleshoot multiple instances of QuickBooks are running error.
You cannot sync sales.
This error can happen for two reasons:
- If you use web connector 3.0, open the company file and sign in. Run the sync again.
- You have QuickBooks open twice on the same machine, but there is only one user. Close one of the QuickBooks by going to file and clicking exit. You can only sync with one file at a time.
- We recommend that users set up the web connector to run as admin, if QuickBooks is closed. This account ensures Connex has the proper permissions to create orders in QuickBooks. If Connex tries to login as admin and another user logs into QuickBooks as user B, then the sync will fail.
If a user logs into QuickBooks as admin, then the sync will resume. No sync timers are updated, unless the sync was successful.
Pair as another user
When the company file is closed, the web connector tries to open it and sign in as another user. If that user is already signed into QuickBooks on another machine, the sync fails.
- In QuickBooks, go to edit > preferences > integrated applications.
- Next to Connex, click properties.
- Create a user that no one users to sign in. Give the user the proper permissions to sync.
- In the drop down, choose another user:
Close QuickBooks Completely and Restart
If you have QuickBooks open twice, a window with the phrase secondary will appear. Close the other QuickBooks: