Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
Connex Inventory Planner
Frequently Asked Questions
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Orders from QuickBooks
- Payments Troubleshooting
- Missing Orders Troubleshooting
- Update Shipping Details Troubleshooting
Connex for QuickBooks Integrations Guide
Rules Engine Guide
The attribute definition for an attribute could not be found
Ensure your rules map to the proper custom fields
You are mapping custom fields to QuickBooks. Although the sale synced, the custom fields failed to map.
In the log, You receive this error:
There was an error when saving a data extension named CustomField1232.QuickBooks error message : The attribute definition for an attribute could not be found. The definition must exist before associated attributes can be created.
Check your rules
You mapped the fields incorrectly. Ensure you used the proper field name:
- In Connex, click rules > my rules.
- In the search, enter custom field.
- Locate the rule that maps the custom field.
- In QuickBooks, open an order.
- Click formatting > customize data layout.
- Ensure the custom field in QuickBooks and the rule are the same.
In QuickBooks, the field is called Telephone:
In the rules, it is called CustomField1232: