Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
Connex Inventory Planner
Frequently Asked Questions
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Orders from QuickBooks
- Payments Troubleshooting
- Missing Orders Troubleshooting
- Update Shipping Details Troubleshooting
Connex for QuickBooks Integrations Guide
Rules Engine Guide
Why does QuickBooks say unspecified site?
You need to map an inventory site
You are unable to map the inventory site field in QuickBooks.
On a QuickBooks sale, QuickBooks says unspecified site in the site drop down:
Map an inventory site using a setting or a rule
You are sending no value to the site field. You can enter a default site and use a rule. You could say if the order tag is Boston, then map Boston as the site.
Connex will only sync a site, if it already exists. If you mapped the field and you are syncing as a non-admin, ensure you have the proper permissions:
- In QuickBooks, go to company > users > set up users and role.
- Locate the role for the user that is signed into QuickBooks.
- Go to lists > inventory site site.
- Click full:
Ensure the inventory site in QuickBooks that you mapped exists
If you added a rule, to go the rules engine. Ensure the rule maps to a site that exists. In this example, the rule maps the site to Amazon FBA and the site Amazon FBA is missing from QuickBooks: