Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
Connex Inventory Planner
Frequently Asked Questions
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Orders from QuickBooks
- Payments Troubleshooting
- Missing Orders Troubleshooting
- Update Shipping Details Troubleshooting
Connex for QuickBooks Integrations Guide
Rules Engine Guide
You cannot use the same tax item in both the line items and the txn tax.
Map another tax code to the bottom of the sale
In your log, you get this error:
Error 3140 : While trying to Add a(n) Invoice with order number of 241, QB responded There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Item "Total AvaTax" in the Invoice line. QuickBooks error message: You cannot use the same tax item in both the line items and the txn tax.
You are applying tax as a line item and as a QuickBooks tax code. Notice how Total AvaTax is a line item and tax code at the bottom of the sale.
Map a tax code for zero tax
Here are the steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to edit > preferences > integrated applications.
- Click sales tax.
- Under most common item, enter out of state:
- If the code is missing, either add it or use another tax code.
If you cannot edit the code, log into Connex. Click manage. Expand sales tax. Choose a default code: